GET THE SECURITY & PERFORMANCE YOU NEED
Universal fully-integrated fault attack sensor
In cryptography, an attack can be performed by injecting one or several faults into a device thus disrupting the functional behavior of the device. Techniques commonly used to inject faults consist in introducing variations in the source voltage, clock frequency, temperature, or irradiating with a laser beam etc.
Unlike analog sensors which are dedicated to the detection of a specific perturbation attack, the Digital Sensor is designed to detect various threats belonging to the family of Fault Injection Attacks (FIA):
- Input clock frequency (clock glitches, Overclocking): reduction of the clock period to provoke a critical path violation.
- Input voltage (power glitches, underfeeding): reduction of supply voltage to increase the propagation delay of combinational logic.
- Temperature (heating): modification of the temperature to increase the propagation delay.
- Radiations (laser spot, light spot, Electromagnetic): provoke bit set or reset in registers by irradiation.
Digital Sensor converts all monitored stresses into a timing stress which is then measured. When a threat is detected, it provides the system with a measurement of the threat’s level and it raises the hardware alarm.
- Detects global and local fault injections as laser, EMFI, clock or temperature.
- Difficult to identify by an attacker (melted within the rest of design).
- Real-time hardware alarm.
- Embeds health-test to validate the integrity of the IP during the boot and on-demand.
- Proven technology with stochastic model for reliability and security estimation.
- Tested in the Security Science Factory Lab, using global stress (e.g., clock glitch) and local stress (e.g., electromagnetic injection).
- Security certification ready (including Common Criteria).
- Fully digital and designed with the standard cells library.
- Transferable to any design kit.
- Customizable sensitivity.
- Compatible with clock gating feature.
- Several sensors can be regrouped around a unique bus interface.
- No calibration after design.
- Support DVFS.
- Easy to integrate into the system.
For more detailed information on Digital Sensor, please get in touch below.